EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards (the deadline to apply is passed)
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards will be attributed on behalf of the European Physical Society through its and . The awards consist of travel grants and they are given to PhD Students who wish to attend a QEOD-sponsored conference and whose scientific contribution in optics and photonics is of the highest quality. The goal of this award is to help talented young scientists to contribute to QEOD-sponsored European conferences in optics by taking in charge part of their expenses to the conference. The 2019 CLEO/Europe-EQEC Conference is elligible for these awards.
- 10 grants are available.
- The monetary sums are 500 € for PhD Students working in a European country or 1000 € for PhD Students working outside Europe.
- All PhD Students wishing to attend the conference are invited to apply. Only thesis students can apply, doctoral positions are not accepted.
- The monetary amounts will be given by bank transfer after the conference.
- The grants will be awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the QEOD-sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
- Only one grant will be awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries should receive a particular attention.
- Applications must be made between October 15, 2018 and January 22, 2019 by using the of the CLEO/Europe-EQEC conference submission system.
- There, a special item will point to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- If you are interested in applying, just tick the corresponding box during the on line submission,
- Then below this item upload a double-page pdf document (.pdf format) detailing
(i) your name, surname, date of birth,
(ii) your complete affiliation,
(iii) the title and the 35-word abstract of your contribution,
(iv) starting date of the PhD studies and expected date of the PhD defense,
(v) your list of publications limited to the five most significant articles.
(vi) a support letter of the supervisor.