• Oral presentations are 15 minutes including discussion
• Post-deadline presentations are 10 minutes including discussion
• Invited presentations are 30 minutes including discussion
• Tutorial presentations are 60 minutes including discussion
• Keynote presentations are 45 minutes including discussion
• Plenary presentations are 60 minutes including discussion.
Speakers are asked to check-in with the session chair in the room of their relevant session ten minutes before the beginning of the session.
Main functions of the session chair presiding the sessions:
– Introducing the speakers;
– Making sure the speakers stay within the appropriate time limits;
– Helping generate discussion;
– Reporting any AV, light, room problems, to the technical staff.
During the World of Photonics Congress a network-based presentation system will be used along with a congress specific interface to ensure a high quality of all presentations. All speakers can upload their presentations to a protected server of Neumann & Müller prior to the conference.
After your presentation has been received by the scientific societies, you automatically receive an e-mail from the world of photonics staff with your personal login data for our presentation server. This occurs automatically – you don’t have to do anything.
Prior to giving your presentation you visit our speakers’ check-in – here your presence is noted and you can check your presentation again and update it as required.
You then proceed to your conference room where your presentation is already waiting for you on the laptop. Further information, deadlines and contact data will be available from March 2019 on https://www.photonics-congress.com/attendees/become-a-speaker/presentation-upload/index.html.