A limited number of supports will be available.
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards (application now closed)
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards will be attributed on behalf of the European Physical Society through its Quantum Electronics and Optics Division (QEOD) and Young Minds Action Committee. The awards consist of travel grants and they are given to PhD Students who wish to attend a QEOD-sponsored conference and whose scientific contribution in optics and photonics is of the highest quality. The goal of this award is to help talented young scientists to contribute to QEOD-sponsored European conferences in optics by taking in charge part of their expenses to the conference. The 2017 CLEO/Europe-EQEC Conference is elligible for these awards.
Sébastien Blumenstein, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
Miguel Canhota, IFIMUP-IN and Dep. Física e Astronomia, Fac. Ciências, Universidade do Porto, R. Campo Alegre, Porto, Portugal
Margaux Chanal, Aix Marseille University, CNRS, LP3 UMR 7341, Marseille, France
Maxim Demesh, Center for Optical Materials and Technologies, Belarusian National Technical University, Minsk, Belarus
Prakriti Joshi, Columbia University, New York, USA
Lukas J. Maczewsky, Institute of Applied Physics, Abbe Center of Photonics, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Jena, Germany
Elhanan Maguid, Micro and Nanooptics Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute, Technion–Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Nicolas Pierre Mauranyapin, School of Mathematics and Physics, the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
James N. Monks, School of Electronic Engineering, Bangor University, Bangor, United Kingdom
Christopher Pugh, Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada
- 10 grants are available.
- The monetary sums are 500 € for PhD Students working in a European country or 1000 € for PhD Students working outside Europe.
- All PhD Students wishing to attend the conference are invited to apply. Only thesis students can apply, doctoral positions are not accepted.
- One part of the grant will pay the registration fee and/or short course fee. The remaining amount will be sent to the recipients by wire bank transfer after attending the conference.
- The grants will be awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the QEOD-sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
- Only one grant will be awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries should receive a particular attention.
- Applications must be made between October 17, 2016 and January 19, 2017 by using the on line system of the CLEO/Europe-EQEC conference submission system.
- There, a special item will point to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- If you are interested in applying, just tick the corresponding box during the on line submission,
- Then below this item upload a double-page pdf document (.pdf format) detailing
(i) your name, surname, date of birth,
(ii) your complete affiliation,
(iii) the title and the 35-word abstract of your contribution,
(iv) starting date of the PhD studies and expected date of the PhD defense,
(v) your list of publications limited to the five most significant articles.
(vi) a support letter of the supervisor.
EPS Individual Member Travel Grant
The European Physical Society makes a limited number of travel grants available to EPS Individual Members to attend Europhysics and Sponsored Conferences. CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2017 is elligible for this grant scheme. More information and application form can be downloaded from here.
Student helpers (quota reached - no additional requests can be received)
In order to organise the conference a very limited numbers of student helpers are requested to help at the preparation of the conference bags and/or the registration desks/poster sessions during the conference.
The tasks are as follows:
1) Preparation of the conference bags: on Friday 23 June 2017 from 15:30/16:00 to 19:30/20:00 + Saturday 24 June 2017 from 10:00 to 18:00. In exchange the students will receive a free registration and a free dinner at the Löwenbräukeller if they wish to attend (to take place on Tuesday 27 June 2017) or the monetary sum of 150 euros.
2) Help at the registration desks/poster sessions (distribution of the badges, documents and conference bags or arrange the display of the posters and its physical control). Two days work would be thanked in exchange of a free registration plus dinner if wished or the monetary sum of 190 euros. Possibly the student can choose his/her preferred working days.
The selection will be done on the basis, first come, first served.
The organisers will not be able to cover living expenses or accommodation costs of the students.
In case of interest, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and stipulate the option you would go for.