EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards (the deadline to apply is passed)
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards will be attributed on behalf of the European Physical Society through its and . The awards consist of travel grants and they are given to PhD Students who wish to attend a QEOD-sponsored conference and whose scientific contribution in optics and photonics is of the highest quality. The goal of this award is to help talented young scientists to contribute to QEOD-sponsored European conferences in optics by taking in charge part of their expenses to the conference. The 2019 CLEO/Europe-EQEC Conference is elligible for these awards.
- 10 grants are available.
- The monetary sums are 500 € for PhD Students working in a European country or 1000 € for PhD Students working outside Europe.
- All PhD Students wishing to attend the conference are invited to apply. Only thesis students can apply, doctoral positions are not accepted.
- The monetary amounts of the TGSA will be given by bank transfer after the conference upon justification of conference attendance. In case a laureate cannot attend the conference, the travel grant cannot be remitted.
- The grants will be awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the QEOD-sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
- Only one grant will be awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries should receive a particular attention.
- Applications must be made between October 15, 2018 and January 22, 2019 by using the of the CLEO/Europe-EQEC conference submission system.
- There, a special item will point to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- If you are interested in applying, just tick the corresponding box during the on line submission,
- Then below this item upload a double-page pdf document (.pdf format) detailing
(i) your name, surname, date of birth,
(ii) your complete affiliation,
(iii) the title and the 35-word abstract of your contribution,
(iv) starting date of the PhD studies and expected date of the PhD defense,
(v) your list of publications limited to the five most significant articles.
(vi) a support letter of the supervisor.
EPS Individual Member Travel Grant
The European Physical Society makes a limited number of travel grants available to EPS Individual Members to attend Europhysics and Sponsored Conferences. CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2019 is elligible for this grant scheme. More information and application form can be downloaded from .
In order to organise the conference a very limited numbers of student helpers are requested to help at the preparation of the conference bags and/or the registration desks/poster sessions during the conference. Preference will first go to students who contributed to the conference.
The tasks are as follows:
1) Preparation of the conference bags: on Friday 21 June 2019 from 15:30/16:00 to 19:30/20:00 + Saturday 22 June 2019 from 10:00 to 18:00. In exchange the students will receive a free registration and a free dinner at the Löwenbräukeller if they wish to attend (to take place on Tuesday 25 June 2019) or the monetary sum of 150 euros.
2) Help at the registration desks/poster sessions (distribution of the badges, documents and conference bags or arrange the display of the posters and its physical control). Two days work would be thanked in exchange of a free registration plus dinner if wished or the monetary sum of 200 euros. Possibly the student can choose his/her preferred working days.
The organisers will not be able to cover living expenses or accommodation costs of the students.
Requests can be received until Friday 29 March 2019. In case of interest, please send an email to and stipulate the option you would go for. Answers will be sent to the applicants beginning of April.