OSA Foundation Student Travel Grants
Alba de las Heras, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
Generation of Coherent Extreme-Ultraviolet Vector-Vortex beams
Vittorio Cecconi, University of Sussex, Brighton, Sussex
Time-resolved, nonlinear control of terahertz waves in random media for spatiotemporal focusing
Do Hyeon Kim, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, South Korea
Ultra-thin and high selective emission with additional lossless layer
Shunya Konno, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Non-Clifford gate on Gottesman-Kitaev-Preskill encoded optical qubits with nonlinear feedforward
Miguel López-Ripa, University of Salamanca, Spain
Instabilities and time dependent polarization in ultrafast erbium doped fiber laser
Clothilde Raoux, Ecole polytechnique, CNRS, INSERM, Institut Polytechnique de Paris, Palaiseau, France
Structural imaging of keratoconic human corneas using polarization-resolved Second Harmonic Generation microscopy
Kan Takase, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Generation of Schrödinger cat states by generalized photon subtraction
Sergei Tomilov, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
40 W SESAM-modelocked Ho:YAG thin-disk laser at 2090 nm
Yitao Wang, Université Paris Saclay, C.N.R.S, Orsay, France
Thermal stability of type II modifications by IR femtosecond laser in highly-doped aluminosilicate glass optical fibers
Shuo Zhang, LNE-SYRTE, Observatoire de Paris, Université PSL, CNRS, Sorbonne Université, Paris, France
Spectral hole burning for ultra-stable lasers
The grants consist of travel grants given to PhD Students who wish to attend CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2021 by taking in charge part of their travel expenses to the conference and whose scientific contribution in optics and photonics is of the highest quality. The goal of these grants is to help talented young scientists to contribute to CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2021.
Note: In case travel is not permitted, these grants will be substituted by “OSA Foundation Best Student Presentation Grants”.
- 10 grants, in amount of 500,- € each, are available.
- All PhD Students wishing to attend the conference are invited to apply. Only thesis students can apply, doctoral positions are not accepted.
- The monetary amounts will be given by bank transfer after the conference.
- The grants will be awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
- In case the application for the Travel Grant Student Award (TGSA) is also done, only one support may be given.
- Applications must be made between December 1, 2020 and January 29, 2021 by using the of the CLEO/Europe-EQEC conference submission system.
- There, a special item will point to the OSA Foundation Student Travel Grant Student.
- If you are interested in applying, just tick the corresponding box during the online submission,
- Then below this item upload a double-page pdf document (.pdf format) detailing
(i) your name, surname, date of birth,
(ii) your complete affiliation,
(iii) the title and the 35-word abstract of your contribution,
(iv) starting date of the PhD studies and expected date of the PhD defense,
(v) your list of publications limited to the five most significant articles.
(vi) a support letter of the supervisor.