CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2021 – Instructions for Speakers, Poster Presenters and Session Chairs
Length of the oral presentations
• Oral presentations are 15 minutes long (12 minutes live or pre-recorded presentation + 3 minutes for discussion).
• Post-deadline presentations are 10 minutes long (7 minutes live or pre-recorded presentation + 3 minutes for discussion).
• Invited presentations are 30 minutes long (25 minutes live presentation + 5 minutes for discussion).
• Tutorial presentations are 60 minutes long (50 minutes live presentation + 10 minutes for discussion)
• Keynote presentations are 45 minutes long (38 minutes live presentation + 7 minutes for discussion)
• Plenary presentations are 60 minutes long (50 minutes live presentation + 10 minutes for discussion).
Speakers are asked to check-in with the session chair in the virtual room of their relevant session ten minutes before the beginning of the session.
If wished, all talks can be presented in live but speakers will be requested to provide a pre-recording of their talk which can be used as a back-up in case of technical problems.
In case Plenary, Tutorial, Keynote or Invited Speakers would prefer using the pre-recording, this option can be chosen.
• Each poster session will be one hour long allowing his/her presenter to explain his/her work to the partipicants.
Session Chairs’ Tasks
The Session Chair main functions will consist in:
1) Connecting to his/her session 10 minutes prior the session begins;
2) Checking if all speakers of the session are present;
3) Identifying who will go for a live or a pre-recorded talk;
4) When the session runs, introducing each speaker;
5) Informing the audience that questions can be written down via the chat box;
6) Making sure the speakers stay within the appropriate time limits;
7) Reading the questions for the speaker to answer them, helping generate discussion;
8) Reporting any problems to the technical staff;
9) Post conference reporting of no-shows, reporting of any other matter.
A trainee course will be proposed to all session chairs to feel comfortable with the system.
Information to be given soon.
Guidelines Presentation Formats
• We recommend PowerPoint Presentation for all speakers with a slide ratio 16:9.
• We prefer h264 Video in mp4 file container. It is also possible to use (.wmv), (.avi) or (.mov).
Conference publication (online digest)
The accepted one-page summaries (oral or posters) will be available online during the conference for those who have registered.
Post conference publications
After the conference, if approval given during the online submission, the one-page summaries will be published on line by OSA Publishing (https://www.osa.org/en-us/publications/) and IEEE Photonics Society’s IEEE Xplore Digital Library (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6778445).
Only papers (either oral or poster) for which the author(s) virtually made the presentation at the conference will be eligible for the publications.