• Oral presentations are 15 minutes including discussion
• Post-deadline presentations are 10 minutes including discussion
• Invited presentations are 30 minutes including discussion
• Tutorial presentations are 60 minutes including discussion
• Keynote presentations are 45 minutes including discussion
• Plenary presentations are 60 minutes including discussion.
Speakers are asked to check-in with the session chair in the room of their relevant session ten minutes before the beginning of the session.
Main functions of the session chair presiding the sessions:
– Introducing the speakers;
– Making sure the speakers stay within the appropriate time limits;
– Helping generate discussion;
– Reporting any AV, light, room problems, to the technical staff
– Post conference reporting of no-shows, reporting of any room problem or other matter.
During the World of Photonics Congress a network-based presentation system will be used along with a congress specific interface to ensure a high quality of all presentations. All speakers can upload their presentations to a protected server of Neumann & Müller prior to the conference.
After your presentation has been received by the scientific societies, you automatically receive an e-mail from the world of photonics staff with your personal login data for our presentation server. This occurs automatically – you don’t have to do anything.
Prior giving your presentation you are requested to go to the “speakers’ check-in” – Here your presence is noted and you can check your presentation again and update it if necessary. Then you can go to your conference room where your presentation is already waiting for you on the laptop.
Presentation Management / Speakers‘ Service
Each conference room used for World of Photonics Congress sessions is equipped with the complete presentation equipment – that means beamer / screen, laptop & presenter. Please note:
• Due to time limitations, it is not possible to connect the speaker’s laptop/hardware device for the lecture directly in the conference room.
• It is also not possible to upload presentations directly to the conference room using the in-stalled presentation laptop.
• For this reason all presentations must be uploaded in advance to the presentations manage-ment system of Neumann & Müller.
Upload Service in advance
All speakers can upload their presentations to a protected server of Neumann & Müller prior to the conference. Upload-Link and login details will be announced until 14th June, 2019. Each speaker will get his own account and a link where he can upload his presentation until one (1) hour before session start.
Upload Service onsite / Opening times Speakers’ Check-In
Onsite at the ICM, speakers can upload their presentations at the Speakers’ Check-In! The Speakers’ Check-In is located in the foyer on the 1st floor of the ICM – International Congress Center München. The Speakers’ Check-In will be open during the following hours, with technicians available to assist the attendees:
|Sunday, 20 June 2021||7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|Monday, 21 June 2021||7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, 22 June 2021||7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, 24 June 2021||7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
In any case each speaker must be reviewed and check her/his presentation in the Speakers’ Check-In, when she/he arrives at the ICM, to be certain that the presentation works correct! It is possible to check or edit the presentation up to one (1) hour prior to the session timeslot.
Note: Even though there are several uploading stations available at the Speakers’ Check-in, there might be waiting periods at peak times.
Guidelines Presentation Formats
• We recommend PowerPoint Presentation for all speakers with a slide ratio 16:9.
• It is also possible to use PDF, Word and Excel files for the presentation.
• We prefer h264 Video in mp4 file container. It is also possible to use (.wmv), (.avi) or (.mov). If the speaker is using PowerPoint 2007 or an older version he should not forget to submit any videos as separate files as PowerPoint will not have embedded them into the presentation
• There is no Internet available on the presentation computers.
On the presentation laptops in the conference rooms Microsoft Windows 8 with Power Point 2013 will be installed.
In case you have to use another presentation software, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each conference room is equipped with a laptop, a beamer, a screen and a desk. Own hardware cannot be connected in the rooms. The upload of a presentation at the laptop in the conference room is not possible. For this reason all presentations must be uploaded in advance to the presentation management system of Neumann & Müller.
Provided Audiovisual Equipment
The standard AV meeting package available in each session rooms includes:
• HD Video Projector
• Screen with ratio 16:9
• Lectern microphone
Poster sessions – Format to be confirmed later
The accepted one-page summaries (oral or posters) will be available on line during the conference for those who have registered for the full week.
Post conference publication
After the conference, if approval given during the on line submission, the one-page summaries will be published on line by OSA Publishing (https://www.osa.org/en-us/publications/) and IEEE Photonics Society’s IEEE Xplore Digital Library (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6778445).
Only papers (either oral or poster) for which the author(s) physically made the presentation at the conference will be eligible for the publications.