CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2023 Instructions for Speakers, Poster Presenters and Session Chairs
Length of the Oral Presentations
- Oral presentations are 15 minutes long (12 minutes presentation + 3 minutes for discussion).
- Post-deadline presentations are 10 minutes long (7 minutes presentation + 3 minutes for discussion).
- Invited presentations are 30 minutes long (25 minutes presentation + 5 minutes for discussion).
- Tutorial presentations are 60 minutes long (50 minutes presentation + 10 minutes for discussion)
- Keynote presentations are 45 minutes long (38 minutes presentation + 7 minutes for discussion)
- Plenary presentations are 60 minutes long (50 minutes presentation + 10 minutes for discussion).
- Short Course presentations are 2 x 1.5 hour and half an hour break in-between long.
Presentation Management / Speakers‘ Service
Each conference room used for World of Photonics Congress sessions is equipped with the complete presentation equipment – that means beamer / screen, laptop & presenter.
• Due to time limitations, it is not possible to connect the speaker’s laptop/hardware device for the lecture directly in the conference room.
• It is also not possible to upload presentations directly to the conference room using the in-stalled presentation laptop.
• For this reason all presentations must be uploaded in advance to the presentations manage-ment system of Neumann & Müller.
Upload Service in advance
All speakers can upload their presentations to a protected server of Neumann & Müller prior to the conference. Upload-Link and login details will be sent by email to each oral presenter on Friday 16 June 2023. Each speaker will get his own account and a link where he can upload his presentation until one (1) hour before session start.
Service onsite / Opening times Speaker’ Check-In
Onsite at the ICM, speakers can upload their presentations at the Speakers’ Check-In! The Speakers’ Check-In is located in the foyer on the 1st floor of the ICM – International Congress Center München. The Speakers’ Check-In will be open during the following hours, with technicians available to assist the attendees:
Sunday, 25 June 2023 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Monday, 26 June 2023 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 27 June 2023 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 28 June 2023 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, 29 June 2023 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 30 June 2023 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
In any case each speaker must be reviewed and check her/his presentation in the Speakers’ Check-In, when she/he arrives at the ICM, to certain that the presentation works correct! It is possible to check or edit the presentation up to one (1) hour prior to the session timeslot.
Guidelines Presentation Formats
• We recommend PowerPoint Presentation for all speakers with a slide ratio 16:9.
• It is also possible to use PDF, Word and Excel files for the presentation.
• For video we prefer mp4 file container with a h264 codec. It is also possible to use (.wmv), (.avi) or (.mov), so they will run properly on the computers provided.
• There is no Internet available on the presentation computers.
On the presentation laptops in the conference rooms Microsoft Windows 10 with Power Point 2021will be installed.
In case if you have to use another presentation software, please contact us at
Provided Audiovisual Equipment
The standard AV meeting package available in each session rooms includes:
• HD Video Projector
• Screen with ratio 16:9
• Laser pointer
• Lectern microphone
Posters are a major attraction and provide an intimate interaction between the presenter and the viewer. To allow participants to see as many posters as possible, all CLEO®/Europe-EQEC 2023 posters will be displayed in Hall B0 (ground floor) next to the ICM centre. The conference will feature 5 poster sessions taking place from Monday to Friday after lunchtime from 13:00 to 14:00. There will be no oral presentations during this time.
MONDAY: CA, CB, CM, ED, EJ and JS-II topics.
TUESDAY: CD, CF, CK and EG topics.
WEDNESDAY: CH, EE, EF, JS-I and JS-IV topics.
THURSDAY: CE, EA, CG, EB and EH topics.
FRIDAY: CC, CI, CJ, CL, EC, EI, JS-III topics.
Post conference publications
After the conference, if approval given during the online submission, the one-page summaries will be published on line by OSA Publishing (https://www.osa.org/en-us/publications/) and IEEE Photonics Society’s IEEE Xplore Digital Library (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6778445).
Only papers (either oral or poster) for which the author(s) made the presentation at the conference will be eligible for the publications.